This past summer my mom and I were on a road trip around the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state. With hours of driving ahead. I decided we should play a game I made up called “Five Things,” which is really a game of discovery. Each person has a turn asking the other to list five things: five things you are looking forward to seeing on this trip, five shades of green, five things you like about music, etc.
In that vein, here are five of my favorite things from 2013:
1. Favorite view: Coming round the bend of Hurricane Ridge in Washington State. The road winds upward with no real sign of the spectacular view ahead. You turn around a corner and there are snow-capped mountains as far as you can see!
2. Favorite place to write: Sitting at my desk, looking out the window.
3. Favorite books: Fiction: Susan Howatch’s “Church of England” series. Nonfiction: Terry Dieter’s A Servant of the Lord: Overcoming Obstacles to Obedience
4. Favorite coffee shop: Velocity Coffee House, Port Townsend, WA. Perched on the marina, this little coffee shop served up the most delicious latte. Experience was even sweeter shared with friend Amber and mom!
5. Favorite surprise: Friends Mark & Regina purchasing a multi-use building for residential, office and community purposes. Looking forward to seeing more and more life unfold there!