I am stuck on this dinner because it is so easy and so satisfying.
Salsa Verde Chicken over Rice (4 ingredients total)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut 1 1/4 to 1 1/3 pounds of chicken breast into “chicken finger” sized pieces.
3. Place chicken pieces into an 8×8 oven dish.
4. Cover with 16 oz. jar of tomatillo sauce (I use Frontera Grill’s).
5. Bake chicken dish for 30 minutes.
6. Make the rice (on stovetop or rice cooker) using 2-3 cups of uncooked rice according to instructions.
7. After 30 minutes, remove the chicken dish from the oven.
8. Turn up the oven to 400 degrees.
9. Sprinkle grated Monterrey Jack cheese (4 oz.) over the chicken dish.
10. Put back into the oven for 10 more minutes. Serve chicken with the rice.