“Hear, my son, your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.”
Ten things my mother has given me over the years:
1. Pray, pray, and then pray. Make the time for prayer and talking with God.
2. Make art and music part of your life. Practice, appreciate, and learn. Make the investment.
3. Explore!! Travel the back roads. Take the two-lane instead of the highway. Getting there is half the fun.
4. Remember that presentation matters — table settings for company, dishes served, personal style and cleanliness.
5. Take every opportunity to celebrate. Acknowledge and honor special days.
6. Use the good china (every day, if you want).
7. Enjoy and appreciate nature.
8. Take Republican political ideals seriously.
9. Seek, love, and serve the forgotten and the marginalized.
10. Be thrifty and wise with money.